Independent Sexual Violence Accredited Advisers (ISVAAs)
Independent Sexual Violence Accredited Advisers (ISVAAs) provide emotional and practical support and information to victims and survivors of sexual violence who have reported to the police or are considering reporting to the police.
If you have reported to the police, our team of qualified ISVAAs can support you throughout the criminal justice process, working closely with the police and other agencies. The role of our ISVAAs is to:
- Ensure your voice is heard.
- Help you make the choices that feel right for you.
- Accompany you to important appointments and to court. You may need advocacy to help with housing, legal issues and finance.
- Support you with your next steps after the legal process is over, regardless of the outcome of the case.
If you are considering reporting to the police, our ISVAAs can also help you, by:
- Providing you with impartial information to enable you to make an informed decision.
- Offering an overview of police processes and what to expect if you do decide to report.
Supporting you in your next steps
SERICC provides an ISVAA service to adults, young people and children who have been victims of all forms of sexual violence and abuse across South and West Essex.
If you have reported or are considering reporting to the police and would like ISVAA support, you can refer yourself to our ISVAA service using our online self-referral form or you can telephone us on 01375 380609 and we will arrange for an ISVAA to return your call as soon as they can. If you are calling out of office hours, or if we are unable to answer the phone, calls will go to answerphone, we would encourage you to leave a message. A poster for you to download is available here
Crown Prosecution Service guidance
The Crown Prosecution Service have produced leaflets and other resources explaining what you can expect to happen once a crime has been reported. Please visit CPS site for more information.
GPs, social workers, mental health workers or other professionals can refer clients for services through our online referral form for professionals.